Adventures in Pathfinding

Friday, February 15, 2013

Interlude 1: The Vote

A new episode will be available next week, but until then, please enjoy this account of Oila running for constable of Cyremium.


Interlude: The Vote

By Eric and David

"I think I have a pretty good shot at winning. This town needs a guiding force and I think I've proven myself." Olia pleaded to his companions. 

"I don't doubt that you've proven yourself... it's just....you're a monster. You have gigantic wings, your skin is as black as a hookers underwear, and you have beady red eyes. " Olmo said, counting with each stubby finger. 

Olia held his head high, "Yeah the epitome of justice!"

"You're a monster!" Olmo squeaked.


“I think you’re mispronouncing strix. And, I would make a great constable." Oila gives his wings a confident flap, " I think the town will overlook that and let me be lead constable since we saved them from the bandits"


Olmo rolled his eyes, " Ciros back me up.”


Ciros continued drawing on the map before him, "Yeah you look like the stuff my Dad told me to stay away from."

It was Olmo’s turn to hold his head high, "See what I tell ya?"


“I look like poison ivy? Do you think I look like poison Ivy Snorlax?"


Snorlax response is a quick snort of snores.


Ignoring Snorlax, Ciros continues, "You also have another problem. The vote is in 8 hours. There is no way you'll convince anyone to vote for you."

“See told ya.” Olmo snorts.


Olia sighs, “ I remember a time when someone wanted me to look down a dark pit too, “ Olia looks off into space as in a trance, “ the dark...never ending...reaching out to consume me...”

“Ok enough, I get it!” Olmo rubs the bridge of his nose, "Here Oily...I'll tell you what  I'll do. I'll play a few ditties here and there and say I’m you're sponsor. While that's happening we'll have Ciros.."

"Nope.  I'm out. I got things to plan before we head out...and Snorlax will be helping me so don't ask'm either."

Olmo pouts , " Fine. Oily you can go around doing those back flips you like doing so much. I'm sure there are a few buildings you haven't done that in. Then everyone will be excited to see you during the rally before the vote."

“There’s one over there.” Oila yelled as he flew towards an unknown building with Olmo running after.


Later at the rally...

“Thanks everyone for coming out tonight.” Beonzo said to the packed city hall, ” I’m sure y’opal know that we have a very big decision to make tonight. Starn has decided to leave his post as Cyremium’s constable so we must decide on another one to take his place. Now garnet, this is a big decision to make so we should ruby’nate on it as long as we need to, but we must make a decision di-Monday. We have three candidates to hear from tonight so let me introduce to you the first of the evening.”

Oila sat patiently to the left of the stage as he listened to the two other candidates present their qualifications to the crowd with moderate applause following each.

“Now let me bring up our final candidate. He is new in town and I’m sure you’ve all noticed him of quartz because we don’t see a lot of strix around here. He was part of the group that helped rid our town of the evil bandits who also set the inn he was staying at sapphire. Please welcome to the stage Oila Vogelmensch.”

Oila walks up on stage. The crowd is quickly silenced as they see the winged strix walking to the podium. "My friends.."

"We aint you're friend!"  is heckled.


"I have a foolproof plan to help protect this town..."  Olia tries to continue


"He wants to steal our babies! I see the look in his eyes."  A few mothers clutch their children closer..."

"NO!”, Olia says trying to get a hold of the crowd, “ I can prevent things like that and what happened the last few days..."

"Shut yer face inkblot"


"Yeah why should we trust you?


"I promise free boar spit for everyone! And I helped save this town..." Olia says desperately trying to defend himself.

"Bullshit!"


"Yeah"


"The only good Strix is a dead strix!"


"Yeah lets get'm and give hi..."

The Angry mob becomes quiet as a Andoran ballad of liberty fills the hall.. As they stand enraptured Oila looks down and sees Olmo hiding behind the podium. Olmo jerks his head toward the exit and Olia slinks out as the last notes fade away.

The townsfolk look around and begin to chatter of their past liberation, acting as if the strix was never there.

The next morning at Generals Generals.

The four adventurers are gathering their things for their next adventure. As Olia walks toward the door a small girl runs up and shyly hands the strix a small flower. The girl quickly runs back across to the inn to hide behind a large man's leg. Oila and the large man meet eyes and the man gives a curt nod toward the paladine.

"How'd it go last night?" Snorlax yawns as he walks by Oila.


"Cirros thinks I look like poison ivy."  Oila returns the nod as the man and his daughter leave the inn. " Other than that I can't complain."

No comments:

Post a Comment